Friday, August 3, 2012

On to Cycle 3

This morning Cheyenne had her bloodwork done and her physical assessment also.  Her body has done a great job of rebounding and her bloodwork was awesome.  She was admitted tonight and will be receiving her chemo tomorrow. 
Today on the way to Cheyenne's appointment we were listening to her Steve Green CD.  One of the songs is based on Psalm 139 verse 13&14.
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

This song really made me stop and think about how intricate our bodies are and how if one thing is out of sync it effects so many other things.  This is so noticable as she gets her chemo treatments and her bloodwork changes accordingly.  It can sometimes be mind boggling thinking about how many things they are monitoring for (heart, kidney, liver, etc) and yet we all take it for granted and go on oblivious to the precise detail of our body .  To know that God has created us as such intricate beings makes me feel so small, so helpless, and yet so loved.   To know that he hears my pleas, can be so humbling.
We are very thankful for all the family, friends and neighbours who have been so helpful and caring in so many different ways.  Thank you for continually bringing our little girl before the Great Physician in prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment