Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Update July 23, 2013

I know it has been a few weeks since the last blog post.  Life has been busy so I will try to capture the past weeks in one post.
A couple weeks back we were able to go camping for the weekend in Selkirk.  It was a nice clean and open park but the beach was rather stoney.  Either way, we had a great time out with just the 6 of us being a 'ordinary' family.  The kids had a great time at the beach, riding their bikes and having a campfire.

the joys of ringalo's
 













We have a had a few appointments with the Oncologist and as of last thursday the NG tube came out!  Cheyenne had gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks and much to her frustration Andrea pulled it out.  She yelled at her 'Now I have to take my medicine in my mouth'.  I have figured out how to successfully get her meds into her, though as her taste returns she may figure it out.  For now ignorance is bliss as she is perfectly happy thinking that she no longer has to take medicine. 
Thursday we also celebrated Wyatt's 7th birthday.

 As some may know we had a celebration party for the end of Cheyenne's treatment.  I will start with an apology because I have received some invites returned in the past few days and know of some others that never reached their destination.  Not very happy with Canada Post.
Here are a few pictures I am *using* from Leah K.  Thanks





Cheyenne's Journey...


Not too shy to shave...


48 weeks...


Chey's Cheerleaders... these are just a few

To God be the glory...



Cheyenne's Great-Great Uncle John with his Pony Rides


A few of the kids who made use of the bouncey castle
I don't have a picture of the meal but we enjoyed beef and pork on a bun, and a large selection of salads.  Thanks to all who had a part in making the meal happen.

Hello Kitty cake by Aunt Tori

Candy Bar - this is what happens when a 5 year old helps plan her party with Aunt Sarah
Oh and you can see the Sno Cones being made in the background


Sugar station- again Hello Kitty style.  Cupcakes, sugar cookies and watermelon. 

We had a great time.  It was slightly overwhelming and I apologize if I didn't get a chance to talk to you.  For those who were unable to attend, I will try to get more pictures up for you

Also there were 3 folding chairs abandoned at the farm
1. blue 'tiny tot' chair
2. blueish grey, no arms
3. black with a logo on the armrest

If any, or all of these chairs belong to you please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment