Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 38 complete

Just a quick note.  We headed to clinic this morning for fingerpoke and chemo.  We were able to get in and done relatively quickly.  Her counts were good but will bottom out by the end of the week.  Cheyenne was able to go to school yesterday, and a little trip to the mall with Aunt Sarah today.  I have hardly took her in grocery stores lately so she was so excited, until we got into the store and she realized people were looking at her.  She becomes very self conscious of her bald head, once she is comfortable around people she doesnt care.  Just as we were ready to leave a elderly gentleman came over to Cheyenne.  She was expecting the usual questions and staring so she tried to hide behind Sarah.  It brings tears to my eyes just writing this, he leaned over and said to her 'you are such a beautiful girl and one day you break many hearts' and as he turned and walked away I could see the scars he bore from cancer.
As we left clinic today I thought, its only Tuesday I can get a lot accomplished in the next few days aeeing as my appointments are done for the week.  And then we came home and somehow Brielle ripped out the NG tube........  So at some point we are headed back, and unless I find some trick to get meds into her it will be sooner than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment